Design Your Own Silver Earrings Workshop - $300
Spend a day designing and making your own drop or stud earrings. We work together to design your own unique pair of earrings and then turn your design into reality.
When designing your unique piece we consider:
- type of earring - studs or dangle
- types of hooks
- Shape of the earrings
- Shaping the metal
- surface finishes - (brushed, polished, embossed, fine silver, oxidised, textured, domed, burnished)
Some of the techniques you will learn include:
- Using a jewellers saw
- Texturing the surface using a hammer
- Filing, polishing and finishing
- Making and soldering earring posts
- Rolling patterns into metal using a rolling mill (i.e. leaves, lace, material)
- Oxidising silver (turning it black)
Sit at a traditional jeweller’s bench and learn to use precision tools. At the end of this fun class, you’ll take home the earrings that you have designed and handmade.
No previous experience necessary. Written instructions, all tools and materials (including sterling silver) are provided. Gourmet lunch (from Little Swallow Cafe - See what's on the menu here) and morning/afternoon tea are included in your workshop fee.
If you'd like to buy a workshop as a gift but you're not sure when recipient will be able to go, buy a Pod Jewellery Gift Certificate. This gives the recipient the flexibility to book into a workshop at a time that suits them.
Workshops are held at the Pod Jewellery Studio in Kyneton - a one hour drive north of Melbourne along the Calder Freeway.
A $100 deposit is required to secure your place. The balance of $200 is payable in the week before the workshop.
We also recommend