Pepe Oval (Cabochon) Disc Cutter, 6 sizes included - NEW
We use this Pepe oval disc cutter in the studio for creating oval base plates when making cabochon bezel settings. Oval disc cutter centring dies are also now also available. These allow you to create open backs for oval bezel settings.
Based on the world's best selling disc cutter, the oval cutter by Pepetools carries over all of the innovative features found in the #196.10A.
These features include:
- Recessed punch clearing design on the bottom plate
- Laser etched HDPE base
- High carbon steel plates, hardened to 48-52HRC
- Finished in protective black oxide
- Laser etched disc cutter to mark each hole
- Low Profile stainless steel laser engraved knob
- 6 oval shapes (the most available on a single unit in the market today)
- Can cut material up to .8mm (20 gauge) with just a 2lb brass mallet, over 0.8mm gauge we recommend using a hydraulic press.
Set includes the following;
- Pepe urethane 150mm x 150mm 95A cutting pad
- Oval cutter
Each punch is first precision turned on a state of the art CNC machine based in our Oklahoma City factory. After turning the punches are heat treated to 48-52 HRC. This hardness insures a lifetime of use and a sharp edge. To get the cleanest cut possible we include a 5 degree angle on the cutting edge which allows a beautiful shearing action. Instead of tearing through the material like your traditional disc cutter, the punch cleanly shears the oval without burs or raised edges. After machining the punches are finished in black oxide, a heavy duty protective coating against corrosion.
You might also like